Saturday, March 14, 2009

Future Jobs

Can't cite the sources so you'll have to trust my memory. I've read a bit lately on most jobs for the future. Try and guess what they might be. I was correct on a couple. I made the prediction on one of them in 1975.
Marketing Managers: This sounds good to me since one of my sons is in this type of career. I really clueless about his job and what he does. Just so he doesn't come to me with an open palm I'm happy.
Government positions: Duh!
Nursing: Of course, this would be one. It goes hand in hand with the one I predicted in 1975 and that would be;
The Funeral Industry: Two words to describe this and they are 'baby boomers'.
Teachers: Only due to the fact that it's a feel good thing. The government throws cash at "the children" to make us all feel better. If the liberals get their wish there will be scads of open positions, especially if universal pre-school becomes a part of the curriculum. Lord help us on this aspect of education. Make up a sentence of proof by yourself. "The government did such a fantastic job in running the postal system we'll let them run universal education." You can substitute any number of programs: welfare, medicare, ADC, amtrak, social security. Shoot! Congress even tried to run the congressional cafeteria by themselves in 2006; lost $40K the first year and had to turn it over to a private company to make a profit----which they did. Don't include the military in it's ability to wage war, though. That's about the only thing Congress can't screw up. The generals won't let them.

No comments: