Monday, May 2, 2011

Narcissism

There surely were a lot of "I" and "at my direction' in a certain person's speech last evening. What said person did was sign a directive telling the Navy Seals to "Kick some ass".
Far be it from me to criticize but said leader's predecessor stepped back when the situation called for it. "Oh", you may say, "what about the 'Mission Accompished' sign? Well, I believe the ships commander took responsibility for that.
It's going to be fascinating the next few days watching humility or lack thereof in action.
OBAMA:
“I directed Leon Pannetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority”

“I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden”

“I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden”

“I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action and authorized an operation to get Usama bin Laden and bring him to justice”

“Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad Pakistan”

“I have made clear, just as President Bush did shortly after 9/11, that our war is not against Islam; bin Laden was not a Muslim leader”

No comments: