Saturday, November 5, 2011

Andy Rooney And Others Like Him

Did you read that Andy Rooney passed away yesterday? The legendary football coach, Paul 'Bear' Bryant from Alabama died within thirty days of calling it quits in his job, too. This is an indication for all of us that we should never, regardless of age, give up on a job or hobby we love. It takes all the whiz bang out life. Unfortunately, there are some of us who aren't legendary or TV icons so we make do with what we've got. I am content to be lying on my backside with computer on my lap. This is my job in life. There is a bowl of freshly popped corn by my side with the TV remote close by. You see, I have nothing to give up. Rooney and Bryant had some place to go and that was their business office. I have only one office and I go there every morning for five minutes max. It's where I have my 'daily constitutional'. When a person's expectations are low, let's say, a choice between The Closer or Law and Order re-runs the blood pressure stays on an even keel and I live longer. Another thing, Rooney was 92 and died on an operating table for minor surgery while Bryant smoked thirty-four packs of cigarettes before breakfast. Maybe this had something to do with their dying.
R.I.P., fellas. Ya' done good!

No comments: