Saturday, February 27, 2016

Love Or Like

Our dear friends from around the corner came to dinner last evening. Earlier in the day we attended the movie, The Race. It focuses on the life of Jesse Owens who won four gold medals at the 1936 Olympic Games.

Dinner with our friends consists of good laughter and serious conversation. Since they happen to be Southern Baptists and we Roman Catholics our tendency is to steer our talks away from religion. Baptists believe the be all end all is the Bible. Catholics put our faith in the sacrifice of the Mass and use of sacraments to gain eternal life.

I had a thought last week about life relationships. Those items of business are more than crucial to happiness. Anyway, last night, I posed the question: "Is it more important for you to be liked or loved"?

Would you prefer your children, after respect, liked or loved you. How about your spouse? Your friends and close acquaintances?

Evidently, I struck a chord because the first item of business for The Queen this morning upon awakening was to broach the subject. Usually she waits a month to comment on words I've spoken so I know it was high priority on her list.

Heck, when I started the entire hullabaloo I wasn't cognizant of an earth shattering piece of subject matter. I was only trying to make dinner talk.

No comments: