Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Has America Lost Its Soul

Sex and the White House have been intertwined since the days of Thomas Jefferson. Supposedly, Thomas Jefferson had a child with his slave and lover, Sally Hemmings.

Warren G. Harding was referred to as a 'rounder' meaning, 'he got around'. His marital infidelities revolved around a young lady named Nan Britton. She was his mistress and gave birth to a daughter claiming it was Harding's. Luckily, the President died before this revelation was fully exposed. The child's illegitimacy with Harding was denied until 2015 when DNA tests proved it correct.

Lord knows we all know about the Kennedy's and Bubba Clinton. It's strange to me that when Nelson Rockefeller was vice-President under Gerald Ford he and his wife came under great scrutiny because both had previous spouses.

The difference between sexual escapades of years gone and those of today is those folks worked to keep them in the closet.

I am a social conservative. I've witnessed many changing events in my life that have destroyed the fabric of the country. In 1962, while attending a public high school, a minister would come to school of 800 students and deliver a message on life, religion and God on a monthly basis. I liked it for two reasons. One, it got me out of algebra class and, two, I could sit next to my girlfriend.

I've witnessed the usual litany of conservative complaints about society: homosexuality, drugs, bisexual marriage, abortion. You name it and I've seen it. Bobby Knight, the ex-NCAA  basketball coach was asked question thirty years ago about the number one problem facing this country. He stated, "Our nation will be destroyed because of the increased usage of drugs". Smart man that Knight.

I still feel Donald Trump will not be the Republican nominee but I could be wrong. You may not realize this but I've been incorrect on a few subjects in my life.

I have a friend who lives in Georgia, a very smart and successful man. He's in the tank for Donald Trump. He has yet to explain why.

I know there's anger in America with the pols in DC. I'm angry, too. Politicians, and there are surveys on this subject, rank them as one of the very lowest in respect.

My pettiness about Trump is basic. He is Jerry Springer on steroids. He was married to Ivanka Trump and fathered her children. He then found someone better, Marla Maples. Ms. Maples became the love of his life through an adulterous affair. And they lived happily ever after, right? Not exactly.

Trump decided he need another adulterous affair, this time with Melania Knauss. Bill Clinton has nothing on this guy except it appears Bubba would snag a snake if he could hold it's head down.

The way I see it a person should be judged by the personal aspects of their life. There should be nothing more important than being honest with those closest to you; the ones who are supposedly the loves of your life and who provided you your children; God's greatest gift.

I do not trust Donald Trump to build a wall. It can't be done. I don't trust Donald Trump to deport 12 million illegals. That, too, is an impossibility. Donald Trump is bluster and the people are buying into it---so far.

When Donald Trump told his wives "Until death us do part" that, too, was a lie.

When a person takes a wife because they have a good looking face, a fantastic body and nice boobs
then dump them on a whim they'll do the same to the American people for their own gain.

America has lost it's soul. The sad part of this blog is I haven't, until now, mentioned two of the most despicable people in Washington DC, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Agree 100%--when a person is willing to betray someone he promised, before God and the public, to be true to, what makes you think he'll think twice about screwing over people he doesn't even know?