Saturday, December 3, 2016

This 'N'That From Dublin Ohio

From fall through winter the sun rarely, if ever, shines in Central Ohio. If I tell someone in the area to 'shove it where the sun don't shine' will they be offended?

Eggs are now 78 cents a dozen. Does this mean roosters and hens are fooling around more?

I purchased a fingernail clipper today for $1.97. A toenail clipper which is twice the size went for 79 cents and it could clip hooves of Shetland ponies. Why? Is it because fingernails are clipped more often?

Her Majesty is babysitting the grandkids in Cincinnati. When she left she game me a 'pucker' kiss. I told her I wanted an open mouth Hallmark Channel type kiss. She said she's going to buy me signs they have in the Olympics to measure performance. I'm to hold up the number I want.

Television is dullsville this afternoon when it comes to football games. In other words, no Iowa teams are playing.

The Iowa Hawkeyes defeated Nebraska last week 40-10. The week before Iowa defeated Michigan. Nebraska is ranked four spots ahead of Iowa. Go figure.

I was in our village of Dublin this morning. A group of citizens were singing Christmas carols. I thought this only happened on television. I was once asked to sing carols folks from our church. "Why would I want to ruin a good show with my voice"?  In 9th grade chorus I asked our teacher what I could do to make our chorus better. He told me to quit.



My home library bookshelves are almost empty. I took ninety hardback non-fiction of my best to Half Price books for purchase. They gave me $20.00. When I was in college we'd resell our texts back to the school for ten cents on the dollar. We called that refund 'beer money'.

If you get the old show, Wings, on MeTV watch it. It was on for seven years and is hilarious. It's shown each week night at 12 AM EDT.

When I was a kid there were four college football bowl games. Now there are forty. Can you say, 'money'?




No comments: