Sunday, March 12, 2017

It's That Time Of Year For Me To Get PO'd

I had my first job when I was 17. It was a crap job I took in April of 1963. The only reason for my employment was it got me out of high school track. Anyway, it was at the Dairy Queen. My work schedule called for me to put in forty hours a week and for this my pay check, at fifty cents an hour, came to the majestic sum of $18.50 after taxes. I survived and quit in May after track had concluded.

In the summer of '63 I acquired a real job that paid $1.67 per hour. My last earned check was in 2008 upon retirement.

So, why am I so upset? It is an easy answer. I've been paying into Social Security for years and my earnings we're taxed at that time. Guys, it's tax time and we'll be turning in our forms this week. The wife and I are paying taxes on our SS. Why in hell am I paying money to the government on money I earned and have already paid on?

Do migrants, illegal ones, pay on their government bennies? I don't think so.

We've invested our money wisely. We can kiss a lot of those gains good-bye, too.

if there was a government official in my man cave, preferably the head of the IRS, I'd bust him or her in the chops then when they were down on the floor I'd spit on them followed up by undoing my pant zipper to conclude the insult.

No comments: