Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Tidbits About Slaves And Slave Owners

I once, when teaching high school American History, called a student a dolt. He was angry. His mother was incensed when she heard about my accusation and called the school for an administrator/teacher/parent meeting ostensibly to dress me down and be admonished.

When I want to feel better about myself I'll go to a site on Facebook called Mic. It's for liberals. They make me laugh. In other words, they great percentage of comments are made by dolts.

I wrote a few tidbits about slavery and slave owners for you to digest. Heck, liberals think they freed the slaves. That's why folks like Maxine Waters, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton demand reparations for the Peculiar Institution.

Enjoy:

The first legal slave owner in American history was a black tobacco farmer named Anthony Johnson...
North Carolina's largest slave holder in 1860 was a black plantation owner named William Ellison...
American Indians owned thousands of black slaves....
In 1830 there were 3,775 free black people who owned 12,740 black slaves....
Many black slaves were allowed to hold jobs, own businesses and own real estate...
Brutal black-on-black slavery was common in Africa for thousands of years....
Most slaves brought to America from Africa were purchased from black slave owners....
Slavery was common world over for thousands of years....
White people ended legal chattel slavery....






No comments: