Saturday, March 25, 2017

What Happened To Common Sense



An Illinois mom took to Facebook after her preschooler was suspended for bringing a spent shell casing to school. 
Kristy Jackson said her 4-year-old son was suspended for a week from the A Place 2 Grow school after the teacher notified her that he had brought a "shotgun bullet" to school.

This pre-school is tuition based. A shotgun shell. Just goes to show the teacher is a certified nutjob. Hate to say it but female teachers, for the most part, have turned boys into sissies.
As a former parent of children in schools I'm reminded of an incident that took place while I was an instructor at Rock Island Alleman High School in the 1980's. My daughter wasn't a great student(although she did graduate Magna Cum Laude from the Univ. of Northern Iowa) and was taking a junior Spanish class. She earned a grade of C for the first semester. The first week of the second semester she had a 10 point quiz and got a grade of F. The teacher, Miss Nutt(figures) told me because of this grade she would fail the semester. Since Miss Nutt was a first year teacher and I had been in the classroom for 18 years I was willing to cut her some slack. 
Unfortunately, she didn't understand life and after I had my lips at her throat we made a trip to the principal's office who also happened to be a female nun. Bad news there. The long of the story was this---------------I won and my daughter was transferred to another Spanish instructor. 
The moral of the story is this. A spent shell from a .22 calibre bullet doesn't make mean it comes from a shotgun.

No comments: