Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Abortion-The darn thing just won't go away

Abortion is just one of those things people try to put out of their minds as if it doesn't exist; sort of like the bludgeoned baby seals in Canada. I guess it's here to stay, "oh, and by the way, don't talk to me about saline solutions and scissors in the skull". That's normally the attitude, isn't it?
I read an article in our Columbus Dispatch on Tuesday, Nov. 11 with banner headlines. It was supposed to be a feel good article: "Abortions Greatly Reduced In Ohio In '07." My interest was piqued. Abortions were down that year by 6%. There were ONLY 38,000 plus( I think the plus was around 800) performed.(Is "performed" the right word?) I was shocked. A pro-life group felt that they were making progress with this report. I was still in a state of shock. Of these one third came from the black community. I continued to be shocked; thought there would be more. This has to be one of the largest industries in Ohio; 38,000 plus babies killed every year. What's the going rate for an abortion at Planned Parenthood? I'm thinking $400. That adds up to a lot of cash for someone. I'm hoping the providers have the decency to take off for Easter and Christmas. The irony of this might be too much to comprehend except that Planned Parenthood in '07 encouraged giving an abortion at Christmastime as a gift. Along this same vein, I was listening to one of my fantasy girls on radio this morning. I absolutely love Laura Ingraham who is one of the very best on talk radio. She is a convert to Catholicism and a breast cancer survivor. She is sincere and devout in her faith which I find is typical of converts and she isn't afraid to talk about it on the radio. I recall when she covered the arrival of Pope Benedict to the United States last year. She was absolutely giddy being in his presence. I could hear it in her voice. On her show this morning was Raymond Arroyo, the host of The World Over program on Catholic radio station EWTN. In our recent election, stated Arroyo, Catholics supported Obama by 54% over McCain's 45%. Evangelicals voted McCain 80%-20%. "Listen up, Catholics. Grow up and stop being so selfish." Obama has consistently stated that when elected he will immediately put into place the Freedom of Choice Act(FOCA). Abortions will begin on all American bases and federal property around the world without question. There will be as few restrictions placed on abortion in this country as is allowed. Partial Birth abortions will be legalized. In essence, there will be no restrictions placed on abortion. I absolutely cringe when I see the names of "Catholics" in Congress who sponsored this bill. Federal funds will be denied to those hospitals who do not follow all dictates of FOCA. Stop and consider the number of Catholic hospitals in the US that are associated with health care providers and that keep their doors open through federal funding. The Catholic hospitals are not going to give into this deliberate criminalization by the government calling for mass murder. Did I mention there are 49 other states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico and all other US protectorates that will come under the auspices of FOCA? So for you who voted Obama because of the economy you just might be helping put thousands of health care providers out of business and cause a great number of hospitals to be shut down. Don't worry your consciences though. As long as we can put to death 38,000 plus a day in Ohio one of our core industries will survive.

No comments: