Friday, November 21, 2008

Egg on my Face?

My wife, Lizzie, and I are residents of Minnesota where we enjoy our time at the lake--for six months out of the year. When the leaves have fallen and the daytime temperature drops to the 40's, sometime around the end of September, we make a hiatus to Ohio. Since we were gone from our home for the November 4 election I had an absentee ballot sent to our winter home. As a newly registered Minnesotan I wasn't familiar with many candidates on the ballot but I did know the guys running for the US Senate. I'm referring to Norm Coleman and Al Franken. I'm not a big Coleman fan but the alternative; I don't think so. I filled out my ballot and mailed it in but on election day, my ballot came back to Ohio. It seems I had filled out all the required information but neglected to do something more than necessary-- sign the ballot. Holy Moses! As of today the recount shows Coleman up on Franken by 136 votes. You don't suppose, do you?

No comments: