Sunday, November 9, 2008

Go Hawks

What a pleasant surprise: Iowa 24- Penn State 23. I admit I gave up on the Hawks when they had a 3rd and long from their own 35 yard line with a minute to play. My wife(Elizabeth Bennett--remember?)and I were going out so I was more than happy to shut off the television. If it appears my team is going to be defeated off goes the tube. Then I can honestly say I have never seen my favorite team lose. I've been doing this for years. This is why it's so easy to be a Cubs fan. Lizzie had to pick up a birthday card for a party we were going to attend so I was in the parking lot of a Walgreens pharmacy, listening on the radio, when the deciding field goal went through the uprights with one second left on the game clock. I imagine I looked and sounded pretty silly while cheering and jumping around in the front seat of my van. I'm kicking the door in on 63 years but sometimes it's fun to be a kid all over again.

No comments: