Friday, November 7, 2008

packing box peanuts

My wife and I moved into a condo a month ago. Everything went smoothly except that it took those four weeks to find our everyday silverware and heirloom silverware from Ireland that has been in my wife's family for generations. The experience of looking for it was as frustrating as when I misplace my wallet which is every other week. The silverware was eventually found and as is usually the case it was in a place we had looked two hundred times-minimum. It's called a garage! I think the absolute worst thing about moving is the use of packing peanuts. Getting rid of them is not an easy thing to do and if you try doing the task by yourself it's best to just dump them on the floor and use a broom and dust pan to pick them up. Me, being the competitor that I am, have to make a game out of everything. I tried dumping them into a large, black plastic garbage bag straight from the box, all the while knowing that every one of those styrofoam peanuts was going on the ground. Except you don't know this until you put down the box, see the mess, and say "dammit". I should've just throw them on the floor and used a broom and dust pan.

No comments: