Saturday, November 1, 2008

Obama health insurance

Sometimes it takes me awhile to ferret out information. I always used the excuse that I'm a PE Major. As in, I can't wash the dishes, or take out the garbage or do any of the common everyday tasks that requires some type of skill or thinking because "I'm a PE Major". Anyway, a few days ago I was listening to someone on the radio talking about health insurance for all. It's taken for granted that there are 47 million uninsured in the US. This is because the democrats tell us so. Actually, of the 47 million, there might be around 18 million young people who opt out just because they are just that; young and healthy. They would rather spend their money on Friday night. I was one of these guys until I got married, had children and realized I had responsibilities other than myself. There are another 8 million who could have health care benefits but they just don't know about them because they either don't ask or don't read. I'm thinking there might be another 10 million illegals in this category, too, but don't hold me to it. I'll give the dems another 10 million or so who are legit just to be humane. If Obama is elected the dems want to cover all Americans. Here's where I get into trouble being a PE Major. If we automatically add 47 million to the rolls someone is going to have to pay for this. Guess who? I'm suspecting that the number of doctors will stay the same so this leads me to suspect that we might have to see RATIONING of health care. Since it is a government run operation(scary thought) they will be able to tell me who is going to treat me. This is not good because I've been going to Dr. Leonard for twenty years. He knows me and I know him. I'm also thinking that with RATIONING, if you have an older member in your family, you had better say your good-byes real soon. No more treatment for the serious things; just give them a pill and send them home. Oh yeah, under Obama's plans, illegals will qualify for treatment, so Grandma gets to go to the end of the line behind them. Are you aware that in Ireland where they have Universal Health care there is a concerted effort to reduce the waiting time for major surgery down from six months to one month?????????? Read that again and ask yourself if this isn't just a little bit screwy. If I need major surgery I don't want it in six months or one month. I want it tomorrow and if my insurer doesn't provide it for me then I'd be looking for another company and pronto. My sister's husband, Duane, died of multiple myeloma a year ago last March. He was an outstanding man, very brilliant. He fought this cancer for six years before succumbing. He, my sister, their two children and five grandchildren had each other for an extended period of time to build lasting memories. He could have given up quite early in the game but allowed himself to go through all kinds of experimental treatment in order to find a cure for this insidious type of cancer. Had we had government health care poor Duane would have been given one type of treatment from his government sponsored doctor: go home and get your affairs in order. Just something to think about.

No comments: