Sunday, November 2, 2008

Iowa football teams

Sad day for the two major football teams in Iowa yesterday. The Cyclones just got hammered by Okie State but that was expected. The Hawkeyes came back to tie Illinois in the waning seconds but lost on a field goal. I think that's four Hawkeye losses this year by a total of maybe 10 points. My perspective is different from those in the state in which I live. Iowa is still bowl eligible. All they have to do is win one more to get to a total of six. That's doable.
In Ohio, the Buckeyes have lost two games total this year. I've heard of Buckeye fans slitting wrists over such a thing.(Not really. This is an exaggeration) I've always said: If an airplane goes down at the Columbus International airport on a Thursday night and 200 people perish the lead story on the local news would be: "Who's going to start at quarterback for the Buckeyes on Saturday"?. I do hate to see them lose because it's doom and gloom for a week. I'd rather go 6-6 with limited expectations for success than live in misery after every loss.

No comments: