Wednesday, November 19, 2008

California Dreamin'

Seems to me when there is a state vote on a constitutional amendment the majority vote should rule. I don't recall the conservative side losing a vote, then rioting in the streets, vandalizing churches inside and out and physically attacking those who disagree with them. This includes old ladies carrying crucifixes. But it does occur on the left. It's been happening every day, all across the United States, since the election took place. When this type of intimidation doesn't work to their satisfaction they take their case to the State Supreme Court. The hope is that they can secure a sympathy vote to overturn the election of the people by having the judiciary make, rather than interpret, the law. I, of course, refer to Proposition 8 outlawing gay marriage in California. It isn't up to me to say whether it's right or wrong. Actually, I'm lying. Homosexual marriage is wrong. Some of you might ask, "how can you say that"? Well, kissing another man and doing all the other stuff that goes with it just seems, well, icky. I'm not ready to offer an opinion on lesbian marriage because----I'm a man. I'm only kidding. It's wrong, too. Seriously, folks, civil unions: no problem. Marriage: I don't think so. What's next? Some guy falls in love with a shetland pony or his pooch and wants to make it permanent. When we dismiss the concept of A MAN and A WOMAN we've neutered everyone and everything. Whew! the legalities of this boggle the mind. The point in my original premise is this: the lefties who pride themselves on acceptance, diversity and tolerance and who support a big tent are a big hoax. Have you ever seen a conservative speaker get a pie thrown in their face by some cutesy college student? How many times has a liberal disrupted a speech given by a conservative while trying to make a point? I have the answer in a word; hundreds. It's a part of their culture. I will wager there is not on record a conservative group, college or otherwise, that has disrupted a liberal group or speaker from the other side let alone put a smack down on their face and body. I'll give you an example. Just the other day Bill Ayers, known radical terrorist, was invited to give a speech at Georgetown University(a Jesuit school). He was not harassed. In actuality, he was applauded by the attendees. How many think if Ann Coulter had given a speech in the same setting she would have been given the same treatment? Raise your hands. C'mon. There has to be someone out there. See. It wouldn't happen and the last I knew Ms. Coulter hadn't bombed any buildings.
This is the reason conservatives are more tolerant. I know I am. Why, just today a lady came to our house to install new drapes. She was an Obama supporter. I wanted to say, "how could you be so stupid", but I didn't. I didn't rap her upside the head, either. I am one tolerant kind of guy.

No comments: