Monday, November 10, 2008

my favorite web sites

Wishing doesn't make it so, as in, I wish my mind was so fertile I could write creatively without help. Therefore, ideas come to me through a variety of sources. Mostly, I am a supplier of information and hope that my readers find intriguing stories to tell friends and family. If you are interested in a wide variety of news sources and subject matter give lucianne.com a try. The site is the brainstorm of Lucianne Goldberg who gained fame as a friend and confidante of Linda Tripp; responsible for exposing Monica Lewinsky for the mess that she was and who nearly brought down the perverted administration of Bubba Boy. In case you forgot, Ms. Tripp was vilified by the press, liberals in general and the Clinton administration because she refused to lie to a grand jury when requested to do so by Lewinsky. Mrs. Goldberg is also the mother of Jonah Goldberg, the award winning conservative author and journalist. The site is a compilation of news articles from around the world but mostly the US. It is a scroll down page and is updated around the clock. Lucianne.com is my daily breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's dessert and a midnight snack. Drudge is good, too, since there are such a wide variety of subjects and personalities. In addition, the liberal side is available just to irritate the sane. One of my truly enjoyable pages is canadafreepress.com and it comes out of Toronto. The editor is Judi McLeod whose Canadian roots have grown into a very sincere love and appreciation of the United States. Judi is very accessible as we have exchanged a number of e-mails. She is a treasure as are the inspirational contributors who make for such thoughtful reading. One of my heroes, because of his love of this country, is JB Williams, a real American patriot. National Review Online is fabulous as is the American Spectator. Investors Business Daily keeps me grounded with it's common sense editorials. For variety try Townhall.com and Human Events. Wednesday is Christmas Day for me at Human Events. That's when Ann Coulter's column appears. As a political satirist there is none better. In the vernacular of today, "She Rocks".
I think you will find that my conservative sites, overall, are far different from the liberal ones; Daily Kos and Huffington Post quickly come to mind. In ours one will never be subjected to postings that hope and pray for the death of Christians, presidents and pro-lifers. I have had thoughts of the death of liberalism but then what fun would we on the right have? Is there anyone more hilarious than Barney Frank? Throw in Dennis Kucinich and you've got a carnival.
Just so you know that politics doesn't completely dominate my life, you should check out http://www.sportsillustrated.com/. This is by far the absolute very best sports site created. It's updated constantly. All professional, collegiate and high sports are covered. For normal males the SI swimsuit issue is there, too. Enjoy.

No comments: