Friday, November 7, 2008

Hockey

I've become a fan of the Columbus Blue Jackets. That's our professional hockey team in the National Hockey League. That, America, is the big time. It took awhile to learn the rules but it's a lot like basketball in that three players fill the lanes and try to slam the puck into the net which is sort of like a basket. There are penalties(fouls) and an occasional fight. I think each team has an agreement before the game to have X number of fights just to keep the crowd into things. There are position designations but I'm too lazy to memorize them. My wife likes going to games because she's a people watcher. I'd say that's the number one reason wives attend. Single girls, however, most likely attend for other reasons. I hope the Jackets are good this year since 20,000 seats need to be filled. I think there are four thousand teams in the NHL, give or take a couple of hundred, but the Jackets are the only team that has never made the playoffs. My favorite player is Rick Nash. He has to be. I can't pronounce the names of the players from Quebec.

No comments: