Friday, April 22, 2011

The History Of The F Bomb

My oh my, an Iowa female college prof has set off a firestorm with her admonition to
college Republicans. It seems the story keeps gaining strenth. Well, she did say over the internet; "F You Republicans". So, I happened to come across an article explaining the history of the F Bomb. I remember the first time I said it and it wasn't pretty. My mom had a couple of friends over for lunch. Did I mention I was ten years-old? Anyway, I was standing in the doorway between the kitchen and dining and dropped a glass of milk. I can promise I really meant to say, "Oh fudge" but it didn't come out that way. My recollection is everyone went on about their business as though it didn't happen. That's the way June Cleaver would have done it in 1956. Except my mom was not Barbara Billingsly and, for sure, my dad wasn't Hugh Beaumont.
Aha, MJ escaped once again.

No comments: