Saturday, April 16, 2011

MJ Jumps Into The Fray

Readers, a joiner I am not, until today. At the behest of a friend I attended a 9/12 Project meeting this morning. The movement was started by Glenn Beck in 2009. It's purpose was to restore the principles and values of the American people to what they were the day after 9/11; no Red States, no Blue States and all bound together as one.

Our group had only 25 people in attendance. The agenda was composed of two speakers and a to do list involving going out to the airport to greet WWII vets coming back from a visit to D.C., and the raising of food stuffs to give to needy people. Not very radical, huh? Oh sure, any libs reading this might ask; "But what was the real purpose? Were there any talks of stringing up blacks or sabotaging Nancy Pelosi's panty hose"? Nope! There were only common day, ordinary citizens looking for a better nation according to the tenants provided in that revolutionary set of guide lines called The Constitution.
The meeting began with a prayer. It was one uttered by Thomas Jefferson a couple of hundred years ago. Next, the Pledge of Allegiance was said and it did include the words, "under God". A couple of days past Harry Reid recited the pledge on the senate floor except he somehow neglected 'God' from it. That had to be an over sight on his part.

I wasn't surprised at the demeanor of those in attendance. There was an even mix of male and female, approximate ages between 40-65. And, yes, there was a black man there. I didn't happen to hear the F bomb said one time. People laughed. I didn't see any knives, hand guns, rifles or grenades but, then again, I didn't have the opportunity to get into the trunks of their vehicles. There were no uniforms as one would see with the SEIU crowd. I get a kick out those. They are purple and gold and look like bowling shirts. Give a radical a uniform and their perceived self importance ascends to astronomical levels. I saw a lady at Kroger's in her clown outfit a month back. I stared at her for some time. I'm into stereotyping. She looked like she needed some shampoo and soap. She also needed to get off the M&M's and ramble on over to the Slim Fast section. I was going to ask her a question but only to find out if she sounded as though she might not yet have her GED. I didn't ask because I knew it would come out, "we ain't got no". After all, SEIU is a union for the non-skilled and, as I wrote earlier, stereotyping "is my bag".

I'll go back to visit with this 9/12 group again. The meeting lasted two hours. As I said, I'm not a joiner but it had to be okay since I didn't yawn once, not one single time. Whenever I hear people like Bill Ayers 'talk Alynisky' I'm in an immediate coma.

The meeting closed on a humerous note. A statement from Larry the Cable Guy's act was read to all. I think you'll like it.

"Even after the recent Super Bowl victory of the New Orleans Saints, I have noticed a large number of people implying with bad jokes that Cajuns aren't smart. I would like to state for the record that I disagree with that assessment. Anybody that would build a city 5 feet below sea level in a hurricane zone and fill it with Democrats is a damn genius".

No comments: