Saturday, April 9, 2011

On Being A Curmudgeon & Loving It

I am, without a doubt, a curmudgeon. It's sad to write and worse to come to the realization and it all centers around the Drury Motels.
As you are aware we are in Kansas City for a baptism, our granddaughter's. Whenever we visit the kids a motel is in our plans. We're of that ilk when we don't want to bother the kids by putting us up for the night or week.
Lizzie likes the Drury Inns so that's where we stay.
Drury touts their "free breakfast and dinners". Yeah, right. For a C note to stay they should give me a pedicure. Anyway, the wife went to breakfast first followed by MJ a half hour later. Across from me was some dude wearing sweats and a Nike cap. He also felt he had the right to bring his two smallish, barky, nippy, pooches with him. What are people thinking? You've seen these kind. They actually believe the rest of us are absolutely thrilled to be in the presence of two dogs that raise a ruckus every five minutes. Idiots!
I had a decision to make. Do I confront Bubba who might have a pistola in his belt and cause a commotion? Or, do I take the easy route and contact management? Yep! I found a girl to do the dirty work.
Next problem. There are four soccer teams made up of twelve year olds staying the week-end. Oh man, their testosterone level is nearing peak its peak and they're all over this place like like flies on, uh, bread. For the curmudgeon part: I heard them running the hallways last night at ten pm. Let me write, I barely heard them running the hallways last night around 10 pm but the noise was just enough to be irritating. I didn't see a real problem with this one from the 'mean guy' angle. The way I figure if any one of them gave me some grief I could kick their collective butts. I mean, a 12 year-old? Gimme a break. All I had to do was open our bedroom door and yell, "Hey, knock it off before I call the cops"! Problem solved.
Since this is only day two into our four days stay I'm sure I'll have the chance to put my attitude on display much more often. I can hardly wait!

No comments: