Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hello Tucson Arizona

It's been in the high 90's in Dublin, Ohio for the past two weeks. So where am I off to for a week of vacation? Try Tucson, Arizona on for size. It's either irony or stupidity; probably more of the latter.
Regardless, airline tickets were secured a month ago and I'm off to see a fella I taught school with in Wisconsin in 1978 and haven't seen since 1982. If you happen to visit this site on a regular or even semi-regular basis you know I'm into making contact with long lost acquaintances; folks who had an impact on my life and who are extremely interesting; characters if you will.
As a psychologist cannot release personal info neither can I in regard to our relationship. It's not that he's in the witness protection program or has the FBI on the lookout for him. He's 6'7" and stout. He would call it fat but I won't go that far. In his day he was an outstanding high school basketball player in the Badger state. He is one of the most laid back, hilarious people I've met.
This is a thrill for me, not only because I'm hooking up with this man but because I'm making a connection.
He has a friend who is a border guard. We'll make a trip down to "close to the border".
If you don't hear from me for a week or so DO NOT call Sec. of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano. She says the border is as safe as it's ever been.
Adios Amigos!

No comments: