Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sometimes It's Nice Being Born In Boone, Iowa



Even though I've been gone from my hometown, Boone, Iowa for 47 years I still have a twinge of homesickness for the old homestead. Life in Central Iowa is a whole lot simpler than what one might expect in Columbus, Ohio. If you want, it's possible to drive three minutes to the grocery store, get gas for the car or wave to everyone in town you see. Everyone knows everyone else.
Witness the yahoos shown in the above picture. Believe it or not I had to "try" and teach them. I had a kid in class who wore a t-shirt and on the front was a picture of a frog with the words underneath, "I'm so happy I could just s**t. He wasn't reprimanded since it was his right of free speech.
If you love the simpler things in life move to a community like Boone or someplace like it.
I mean, who wants to look at some kids butt crack on a daily basis.

No comments: