Wednesday, June 8, 2011

How To Feel Good About Yourself

Considering the way some power people act; lewd behavior then lying then apologetic I'm starting to feel quite fine with myself. I've been taking stock of my life and have come to these conclusions. Ethically and morally I'm in the top 10% of good guys.
When I was 21 and single the wife of an acquaintance sneakily called me on the phone to arrange a tryst. She was a hottie but I turned her down. Stuff like that makes me nervous. The husband was 6'5" and had forearms the size of Sequoias.
I've never had an affair, not even with another woman. You may not believe this but I've never taken a photo of my crotch and forwarded it to a male or female for two reasons: (1) It seems sort of stupid and (2) I wouldn't know how to do it on the cell phone. I don't know how to do anything on my cell phone except send and receive calls and that can sometimes be a struggle.
When I was 42 and a salesman on the road I stopped into a Hampton Inn around 11pm to get a room. The lady behind the desk told me she got off work at 11:30. My heart started beating, I began to sweat and I got so nervous I called Lizzie. She was in bed, by herself, sleeping. That's been my last opportunity to make an ass out of myself with a member of the opposite sex. Pretty boring life, isn't it.
Simple put, there might be some stumbling blocks to being able to walk the straight and narrow. Don't be a politician is a good start. Professional athletes and rock stars seem to garner their fair share of skirts. Conservatives and Liberals are not immune to lewd behavior it's just that conservatives seem to own up quicker than Libs plus they take the consequences whereas Libs get a bye because we expect irresponsible behaviour from them.
That's about it for this subject. See, I feel better already.

No comments: