Monday, April 16, 2012

Have You Lost Your Dog

My telephone rang this afternoon. I always look to see who's calling. If it's my former college the phone rings as many times as it can. If it's a golfing friend I click on before ring number one has ended. Know what I saw on my phone screen this afternoon? It read 'lost doggie'. It was a taped message along the lines of an Amber Alert and more info can be found at lostdoggie.com. I've never heard of such a thing before. The recorded message was designed for my neighborhood, telling when the pooch turned up missing and gave it's coloring and breed. It was a Chihuahua and it's been gone for a week. If I were the owner and not embarrassed to let people know I owned a floor mop for a pet I think I'd give up. Just two nights ago I saw a fox sprint across the field behind us. There are birds that fly above our condo, sometimes high and sometimes swooping. We call them hawks. If I were the owners I'd say a rosary for their rodent and move on. The dog's name was Lucky.

No comments: