Thursday, April 19, 2012

Now Do You Understand The Problem



Since I'd never visited the Quaker State(Pennsylvania) until I was forty I thought there might be a couple of reader's who haven't done the same. Pennsylvania is composed of 44,000square miles. That's the same as Ohio. In comparison, Iowa has 55,000 squares miles. My friends in Wisconsin didn't believe me when I told them Ohio had a land mass much smaller than the Badger state. But they, like me, are physical education majors so they get a pass. How many people know the land mass of Alaska is 586,000 square miles? Hold onto your proverbial hats but that's greater than Iowa, Ohio and Pennsylvania combined. The purpose of this exercise is to look at the typical voting bloc of Pennsylvania. The color blue denotes the liberal regions. Gray is either/or and the Red is Republican. In this instance the Dumbs are in Pittsburgh, Erie, Scranton and Wilkes-Barre plus Philadelphia. They vote entitlements while the rest of the folks vote American. Now you can understand the problem when it comes to cities that are in debt up to their collective scrotum's and the others who pay their own way. Frustrating isn't it?

No comments: