Thursday, April 19, 2012

MJ Hawkeye Has Loyal Followers

Every so often I'll take a glance at those courageous souls who put their name, real or otherwise, as faithful readers of this blog. Most of them, seventeen or so, have been there for months and I thank them for their loyalty. There has to be something I offer that fished them in and has kept them interested. Most of them I know already but there a few with whom I have had no personal contact nor probably ever will. That's too bad but I think I can rectify this situation and I'll explain how later. If you take a peek you'll see three football helmet icons. I like sports though I'm not as immersed in it as I was when I coaching. As a matter of fact I've been working on a piece about how winning is not important in this country, anymore. To me, winning may not be the most important thing in the world but it damned sure beats whatever comes in second.
Four folks have come on board in the last week: one is Dkmastr. I tried to pronounce it phonetically but it didn't sound right. Dr. Rock 29 also signed up. What's his story? I'd sure like to know. A man named Michael also jumped on ship. That's nice. Michael has been a favorite name of mine for sixty-six years. It's always been my call to dinner. When I clicked on these three icons there wasn't a lot of personal info and, being that I'm a computer klutz, I got frustrated trying to figure out how to send them a message. I think it's a possible--maybe--could be--but I don't know how--so I gave up. Finally, I clicked on Dogger. With him I got some personal info. How could a man from Orange County, California find MJ Hawkeye in Ohio? I checked him out and found out that he's a christian. I like that. It's better than being on Bill Maher's list of favorites and having 'atheist' listed. Or having a person write: My two favorite journals are MJ Hawkeye and Out Magazine. Dogger was in the armed forces and loves the country. Already we're pals and we've never met. This is what I know about Orange County or assumed I did. I thought is was economically upper crust but now maybe not so. I know that one of my all-time favorite congressman, B-1 Bob Dornan represented the good citizens. Oh, how I loved to watch him on C-Span doing Special Orders ripping Bill Clinton apart. Now we, or the people of Orange County, have to put up with Loretta Sanchez. I ask Mr. Dogger, can she still not count to ten?
I made a dear friend off of these postings and bloggings two years ago. He's the (in)famous Council Bluffs Cowboy. We email each other daily and he's as witty and smart as Will Rogers but much prettier.
I've recently re-connected with a lovely person from my Class of '64 in Boone, Ioway. The poor lady lives in Madison, Wisconsin. Try being a conservative in Madison. That's like being 'cute' in a men's prison. A month ago she sent an email saying how much she enjoyed this blog. Well, I wondered how she got my email since I haven't spoken to her since our high school graduation night when John 'Cowboy' Hammond lit a cherry bomb as we were about to receive our diplomas. Sadly, John missed out on his sheepskin by about thirty seconds but you know that story already. Anyway, she contacted one of my listed favorites, Dan Cirucci, at Penn State U. and he gave it to her. Small world. BTW, if you check out the other favorite blog of mine it's my son's in KC. If you like beer give it a look see. He's clever and funny and he makes good beer.
So, now that I'm at the end of this, if any of my loyal reader's wish to contact me personally my e-mail address is: mjloehrer@hotmail.com. If Ann Coulter can lay her email out to the public then what do I have to worry about?
Who knows, you might invite me out to your place and if it's to my liking I might come. Or, Dublin, Ohio is a nifty place to visit, too.
Thanks, everyone, for your many kindnesses.

No comments: