Friday, April 20, 2012

When Did He Go Goofy

Here's the deal. I rejoined a golf club from five years ago. Long story short; my other club was too expensive and this one is a bargain. I've met a couple of guys who have become regulars with me and one, in particular, is an almost daily partner. He's 39 years old and kind of out of a job. He has a wife who works and there are two small kids at home. I had made a comment about our dorky leader a week ago and received no feedback so I had to assume he swings the other way politically. I was correct. We had a four hole conversation about Libs and conservatives today. Finally I asked him, "What is it about liberals that makes you keep voting for them What's the appeal"? His response caused an immediate upchuck. He told me that liberals are more compassionate. In other words, they feel our pain. That was a Bill Clinton response so you know it's a crock of crap. As of now I'm considering myself this kid's surrogate dad. I'm going to make it my goal to straighten him out. I'll no doubt be subtle with him as I always am---for awhile. Then I'll crush his skull with a sledge if he doesn't get his act together.
This isn't an earth shattering post. I wanted you to know that I did, against my promises, play golf with a democrat today. I am a very nice person.

No comments: