Friday, April 27, 2012

Puttin On The Ritz

There's a YouTube going around called 'Puttin' on the Ritz-a Moscow variation'. It takes about five minutes to watch and is one of those flash dance videos that are so popular. I had forwarded it to the Council Bluffs Cowboy but he'd already seen it from a week ago(I don't know why I wasn't on his list to send to--guess he thinks I don't appreciate music). I was happy to see that it happened in the City of Moscow, Russia. We always have stereotypes of people 'not like us'. In this case, because these folks live in a communist country we think of them as droll, no fun, never smiling, fat babushka's looking for potatoes to make home made vodka. In reality, they smile, dance, and enjoy life as much as we. I emailed 'The Cowboy' and mentioned all this to him then concluded with; "people are the same wherever one goes. It's the politicians who screw things up for us". His only response was, "Correct".
If you haven't seen the YouTube google it because I still can't figure out, with this new blog program, how to link to this site. The video is  fun , snappy and took a lot of choreographing. Enjoy.

No comments: