Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Queen Returns

Has it been a month already since The Queen left for San Antonio? Yessiree Bob!(Howdy Doody Show) She returns tonight around 8 after being re-routed from St. Loo to Denver? Do you remember the famous baked potato diet? It must have worked because I've put on 3 lbs. That's like saying, "I have to start smoking because my doctor says I'm not getting enough tar".
Here's the thing about Lizzie or myself coming home after a visit away. We have a night time tradition that's carried over the years and it happens as soon as we hit the bed. Now stop it, already! Whoever is home is responsible for having clean sheets and pillow cases on the bed. Trust me when I say at our age it supercedes sex. I don't know how often Lizzie changes sheets on a regular basis. Is a month too long? I also set a record for not making the bed. What's the point. I'd only mess it up the next night. If I wanted a made bed every night I'd get a room at a Super 8.
There is a method to my cleaning process. I always 'almost' perfectly clean. It's important to leave a slight mess only to make the wife feel she's really needed. It took 43 years but I'm starting to get the hang of this marriage deal.

P.S. She's here and ol' MJ received the compliment of all compliments on the condition of the condo when She walked in: "Hey, the house doesn't stink". Life is good.

No comments: