Thursday, March 17, 2011

An Apology From MJ Hawkeye

On February 26 I wrote that within a week the leader of Libya would be dead in a few days. I was wrong. There were a couple of things I didn't count on. First off, the people fighting for their lives can do only so much. As we used to say in the coaching profession when talking about a team's firepower: "you can't make chicken pie out of chicken s**t". In other words, the freedom fighters can do only so much.
Stupid me. After forcing Mubarak out of office in Egypt I assumed(another interesting word--never assume)Obama would either overtly or otherwise come to the aid of the Libyan people. Uh-uh! It didn't happen and, at this stage, it appears the leader, Khadafy, will remain in power. Sad to say but there will be many new job openings in Libya; torturers will be in great demand as will people wielding beheading apparatus.
I apologize. When I think the US is about to become a good guy my government falls back to it's usual action. Gosh, one would think Obama is a supporter of all things Muslim Brotherhood, wouldn't one?

No comments: