Friday, March 11, 2011

Fluff Stuff

How 'bout some "fluff stuff" today? It's a Friday and I awoke to find new snow cover on the ground; not much but some. Anyway, the coffee's perked, there's too much seriousness in the world and I want to relax.
I went to bed semi-normal, physically, last night. How is it I woke up with a sprained left thumb? The mind boggles at this piece of info. I hope I got in some good licks before the guy beat the tar out of me.
The next time you're on the US interstate system and feel like you want a good cup of coffee stop in at Love's Truck Stops or Pilots. They have fabulous coffee. Personally, I like Love's Brazilian blend. I consider myself somewhat of a coffee connoisseur. That's why I use Giant Eagle French roast. Why spend five bucks more for Folgers when it's the same thing. Actually, my favorite, when the price is right, is Eight O'clock French Roast. I take my coffee thus: it has to have the consistency of dark chocolate jello pudding. The test for strength being that the stir spoon stands up. Once in awhile, just to be devilish, I'll add a shot or two of espresso: Mmmmm, Mmmmmm, good!
I stopped into Starbuck's in Brownsburg, Indiana two days ago for a middle sized cup. I can never remember the Grande, Venti thing. They asked for $2.13. Adios, Starbucks.
Last July I was at the lake by myself. Right before I left for Minnesota I took a sneak peak at the bathroom scale with me on top. Nuts! It read 227. Since I detest cooking and knew I would be at the lake sans anyone I realized the opportunity to drop some Lbs. My buddy had introduced me to a terrific protein powder(Visalus). So, for twenty-eight days I ate: protein shake for breakfast, one for lunch and for dinner two baked potatoes with peas, onions and catsup(you say ketchup, I say catsup) on top. Voila! At the end of the month I'm at 202. I'm going to market this new diet and call it "STARVATION-It works every time". Well, Yesterday morning I had that same, 'let's get on with it feeling' I had in July of '10 except at 9pm I lost my mind and went to the local ice cream store-----nearly a half gallon of strawberry cheesecake later--------Oh! I don't even want to go there.
We get my grandson for the week-end. I haven't seen him since early January. Don't expect any news until late Sunday.
Enjoy the week-end. Have a cup of mud on me.

No comments: