Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Death Of An Icon?

Unless you've been in a cocoon today it was announced that Elizabeth Taylor died. Was she a diva? Maybe the lady was the quintessential Hollywood queen of all time. I don't know. I'm not too upset with her passing but I didn't know her. She has children. I hope they were close and that she was a good mother. She had eight marriages. Jokes aplenty with that sentence, I'm sure. I'll have to watch late night TV. They'll have some doozies.

Know what? I feel the same way about Taylor's passing on as I did with Frank Sinatra; not that big a deal. Maybe I feel this way because she was from a different generation.
As for her film career I only saw one of her flicks and that was Cleopatra. It was long I believe. There was even an intermission. That's always a good time to go to the snack bar. I saw it at a drive-in theater. Want to know the ending? A snake bit her and she died but not in real life. Ms. Taylor might have won a couple of Academy Awards. Butterfield 8 gained her the first one. She played a hooker. Think about it. If you wanted to win a Hollywood award for acting play a prostitute. It's happened more than once. Then again,some of these Hollywood people have bedded down with so many men, well, practice does make perfect.

Taylor had a friendship with Michael Jackson; never could understand that one. Oh, about the Sinatra, Taylor passing and my feelings: I lump Jackson in with them, too.
Have I ever mentioned my dog, Casey? We had her for six years. She was a beautiful dalmatian. When Casey died of pancreatic cancer I was devastated and cried elephant tears. I hated when that happened. Casey should have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

No comments: