Sunday, March 20, 2011

Them's A Whole Lotta Cheeseburgers


When was it this guy became popular? Was it Bowling for Columbine. No wait, it was the movie about the head of GM and how he was screwing the workers of Flint, Michigan. The movie was titled "Roger and Me". GM closed down in Flint and went to Mexico. It had something to do with unions and exorbitant demands. It's kind of like when I called on the GM Plant in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. The union contract guaranteed a wage and job for the workers even though there was no work. I'd walk into the company cafeteria and see guys playing cards, watching television or napping. "Hey! They had to get in their eight hours someway"!
The second time GW Bush ran for President, Lizzie and I were driving in downtown Columbus and came to a stop light. Looking to my left I noticed a huge, long line waiting to get into the theater. I rolled down the window and asked: "Hey Lady, what's going on"? She said, "Michael Moore's speaking tonight". I love a guffaw laugh once in awhile and Lizzie was embarrassed by my antics. She got over it. Paying money to see and listen to Michael Moore ranks up there by doing the same thing for Charlie Sheen.

No comments: