Monday, March 28, 2011

Lighten Up

Seems I've been on a serious rant lately so it's about time to 'lighten up' for a few sentences, anyway.
I shot an 82 at the course yesterday; not great but not bad especially since it was 31 degrees F. The great thing about this gentlemen's game is things change from one day to the next. Today, with my buddy, I scored an amazing 94. I can't blame the weather since it had warmed up to a blazing forty-one. This wasn't the bad news, though. I have a terrible habit of having my mind in Ethiopia when my body is in Dublin, Ohio. On the third hole I unbuckled the strap that holds my golf bag on the cart. I've done this before. Anyway, my friend gunned the accelerator and the bag went flying, on the pavement. Chalk up one ball retriever-$45.00. Write down one broken shaft from my driver-$100.00 plus. Shooting a 94-priceless!!!
I hope God has a sense of humor. Either that or He's deaf.
Tomorrow's a new day.

No comments: