Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Thought On Fuel And The Little Man

There should be class warfare going on in the country--big time--when it comes to the power of the pump. I'm getting a kick out of Donald Trump. He's all over the media; even saw him bloviating on "The View" last week. He thinks he's presidential timber. More like balsa wood if you ask me.
Trump has no problem with fuel from a purchasing standpoint. In this regard I think of barbers, saloon owners, ditch diggers, you name it. These folks are on the bottom rung when it comes to being noticed by their politicians and their government. If I had no value system and wanted to come back in the next life rich I'd be a D.C. lobbyist.
I'll be honest with you. The price of fuel is a strain for me but I can handle it. It's the middle class and working poor who slug along daily trying to eke it out and, for the most part, have little or no say in what's going on in the country.
I asked a college prof in a history class in the 60's why we didn't have a 'knock down drag out' revolution during the Great Depression. His answer was, "there was always that chance a fella could grab the brass ring; become Horatio Alger". That's what this country was founded on". Since no one listens to the little man I'm beginning to wonder. Hope I'm wrong but it's something to think about; a revolution, that is!

No comments: