Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why Wisconsin

My Lizzie is super smart and clever. Yours truly was reading an article this morning about the legislature in Idaho passing a bill curbing(not eliminating) the bargaining power of public unions. I mentioned how there was very little info and protesting from Idaho. "It's not exactly a high profile state across the nation" I said.
Lizzie said, "In Wisconsin there's nothing else to do in winter except protest(and drink). It's too cold and snowy to do anything else. All you have to do is look at Green Bay the day after the Super Bowl. They came out in droves".
Plus, the protests took place in Madison. I once asked my Wisconsin native borne, super intellect nice guy boss why he didn't attend the Univ. of Wisconsin in the 1950's. He told me, "It's simple. My parents wouldn't let me go to a communist school".

No comments: