Friday, April 8, 2011

We Made It

Lizzie and MJ got out of Dodge at 10 am yesterday and a mere eleven hours later were at my son's in Olathe, Kansas. Gee, I love driving: people on cells phones running us into the back end of semi's; drivers blowing by us as I crawl along at 73 and flashing lights at me as I attempt to pass a truck. Guess they can't wait an extra fifteen seconds for me to get around the truck I'm passing.
I need to check this out but if there is a worse stretch of interstate in the world than I-70 from St. Louis to Kansas City prove it to me. East bound traffic as I drive west has to be a good five feet from my side view mirror. Lucky drivers, though. If one would veer toward the opposite lane they are protected by a wire about a sixteenth inch in diameter.
We're preparing for KC weather this week-end. I bought a parka and a thong. Today, Friday, it might break 65. Tomorrow's forecast calls for 89. And some people wonder why they call this tornado alley.

No comments: