Monday, September 26, 2011

E.D.T.

The deep funk is getting deeper. It's 7:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time and I can now see outside. Oh, how this bothers me. Before one knows it EDT will be history and EST will be upon us. I will wait for 12/2211 with the excitement of a 7 year old child on Christmas Day. The days will be longer by at least a minute. Thank the Lord for small pleasures.
Our two best neighborhood friends arrive back from France today. Such fun people so I'll want to hear their stories. The rented a villa on the Mediterranean coast. Lizzie and I are jealous. I want to revel in their stories. Monte Carlo and Nice are must stops if you get to the area. I'm getting nostalgic for places I've seen in Europe. I mentioned to our friends that they have to be awake on their flight over the Atlantic as they begin to descend into the continent. They will fly over Ireland and the first hints of the sun will strike the Emerald Isle. It is a breathtaking view.
I recall our last trip to France. Surprise, surprise. I wasn't used to soldiers standing around the sidewalks with machine guns strapped over their shoulders.
Did you know I'm becoming a big fan of Monday. It's the beginning of action. Week-ends are for lounging. Week-days are for lounging with good TV.

No comments: