Saturday, September 10, 2011

Home And Happy To Be

MjHawkeye is back and rarin' to go. Leaving the lake was easy. I jumped in the car and didn't look back. My last words were, "see ya' next year----maybe". After a short four hour drive to Bloomington, Minnesota it was my pleasure to hook up with my long time buddy, Muss. He went by the nickname of "spider legs" in high school but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Our history is too long and too good. We first met in kindergarten. Miss Peek let us put our nap rugs next to each other and a relationship as born. At age nine we became best friends and, except for a couple of years while he was in the Peach Corps, we have exchanged birthday cards with a dollar inserted. I figure we're up to $55 dollars. Muss and I were like Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, Laural and Hardy and Ricky and Fred. What a magical ride our friendship has been.
The next day I tooled on down to Boone, Iowa to visit Ma in the home. Then it was onto Bloomington, Illinois where I passed out from fatigue. I stayed in a very nice motel. By nice I mean clean and $59.
Do you realize I didn't publish a single political blog from late June onward. Well, that's going to slightly change. Driving from Minnesota to Ohio allowed me to pick up snippets of the Emperperor's "Major Speech". You know what was in it so I won't bore you with too much of my opinion but I did get to listen to him bloviate to students at either the University of Virginia or was it Richmond? It makes no difference but what tickled me was when he said to these immature boobs and boobettes, "Pass this bill" and they cheered wildly. They have no clue as to what they were cheering. The way I figure Obama could have said, "I'm going to double your tuition for next year and you're all going to flunk every class". And they would have still gone wild with applause.
About two hours out of Dublin I was getting hungry for lunch so I stopped in to a Col. Sanders. The sweet young thing in front of me asked for my order. My simple response was, "a grilled chicken sandwich, please". She came back with, "would you like a doublicious or or a doubledown"? Easy answer on my part: "I dunno". Then I had to ask for an explanation. When I left I still didn't know the difference because I threw a dart at the menu and had her pick. I got a doublicious. Later on I found out my selection had a bun. The other is for fat people sans bun. I picked incorrectly again.
The first order of business when I arrived in town was to select a computer. This is how it's done when you are me. "I want to buy a computer and one that's not too expensive". Four hundred seventy dollars? Holy Crap! Okay, I'll take it". MJ is soooooo easy. I'm happy I wasn't born a girl. If I had been sailors would have been lined up around the block of my house, in pairs, waiting to see me.
Anyway, I also purchased two years of insurance for dropping, stepping on, spilling tomato soup in and otherwise destroying the blasted machine. For me, the $119 I spent on insurance is my gain and Toshiba's loss.
Gosh it's good to be home, Dorothy.

No comments: