Friday, September 23, 2011

I Think Therefore I Am

Have you ever considered why you think the way you do? How did you attain your value system. Surely, early life influences had a great deal to do with it. I'm not Lizzie and if I got off my rear and and went into the other room she could tell me a personality is formed by age two or thereabouts. So, nothing is my fault. That's the way liberals think. The trouble is they accept things as they are without changing. I used to be a democrat but only because my parent's were. I was this way through college. Mind you, I wasn't 'flaming'. I just was. When I married and had children I was politically nothing. There were more important things in life like being able to rub two nickels together for diapers and such. Then, ta-da, it was March of 1989 and I was driving around Charleston, West Virginia when this fellow came on the radio. He started talking about things I'd never considered. He was talking about my core beliefs and self-reliance. It was magicical. And, he was named Rush Limbaugh. He got me to thinking---not listening and regurgitating---but thinking---on my own without, if you will, repeating "talking points". Listen to a liberal right now and I swear it won't be three minutes until you hear the words, "Fair Share" come out of their mouths. Know what? They could care less about "Fair Share". What they want is "Fair Take". And they'll take unhesitatingly without so much as a thank you because it's expected.
I love this story and I've written about it before but I'm going to pass it along for new readers. My now deceased dad was a die-hard FDR democrat and a railroad union man. He once told me that the reason he was is because his dad told him the republicans never did anything for the working man. I'd shake my head in wonderment. My dad never read anything and the only things he watched on TV was sports. The two years prior to Clinton's election I was doing very well financially so I started sending Dad some run around money; $100 a month. When Clinton was elected my taxes went up $10 Grand a year. As a lesson to be learned I stopped sending dear old dad his cash. As is typical with the "Fair Take" crowd I received a phone call from him wondering when I was going to send his money. I waited awhile longer then resumed being his personal ATM. Dad never understand because he couldn't think. He felt he was owed and that's the problem with liberals.

No comments: