Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Little Bit Of This And A Little Bit Of That

A trip to the supermarket is getting to be quite a project. First off, I am so sick of potatoes that I'm on the lookout for a decent substitute. I've eaten so many of the Idaho's that I'm growing eyes. Eggs might be the ticket. My favorite foods, catsup and mustard, go nicely with them and if you stir in some onions then it's like a trip to IHOP. So, I made a journey to a Giant Kroger on Sawmill in Dublin. I'd never been to this one. It's a mega mall. There aren't grocery stores anymore. They're too small. Buildings with food need to be called, 'Giant', 'Super' or 'Gargantuan'. When I went thorough the doors at Kroger the first thing to hit me was a jewelry store specializing in diamonds. It had a flower shop next to a Starbucks next to a pharmacy next to a real estate office next to the Huntington Bank.
Then I went through the Asian section. It has Thai food and sushi foods. I felt like I needed a passport to grab a ham sammy. Who eats sushi? Women do, I know. Women have to eat junk like sushi and salads for lunch, not because they want to but if they ordered a Bar-b-Que with fries they'd get laughed at for being piggy. When I go to the market I look for the minimal; crackers, soup and milk. Get in and get out is my philosophy. Why is it every time I need something like toothpicks they're always at the far end of the building, in a different time zone? This Kroger is so large they have taxi's available for customer use.

Sometimes, when I don't feel like carrying on a conversation I use what's called a 'stopper' comment. In other words, a person says something, usually a compliment about someone, and I come back with a conversation stopper comment. I was in my hometown a month ago and was visiting with a lovely lady. We were waiting to go out to dinner and the nightly news was on the television. Obama was babbling on and on about something and she turned to me and said, "doesn't he seem like a nice guy"? My stopper was, "He's a communist". Then I heard dead silence-- but that's what I wanted. I forgive people over 80 for their political beliefs. It's an FDR New Deal indoctrination that they'll never get over.

Whenever Lizzie and I go out and there's the possibility of meeting new people she warns me ahead of time if any liberals will be in attendance. If there are then I have an 'opt out' clause in our marriage. If I desire, which I do, I don't have to go. This pleases me a great deal. There are enough fun people in the world to be around those who aren't brain dead. Besides, the libs wouldn't want me there, anyway, so I've succeeded in defusing a bad situation without wasting my time or theirs.

I can hardly wait for tonight's episode of 'Justified' on FX. Even I have to admit it's getting ultra-brutal. In last weeks episode there was more Kentucky violence than you'd see following a Kentucky University basketball victory.

If Obama can complain about how wrong it is to have Supreme Court activism then how can Libs justify Roe v. Wade? Just askin'.

Why would God allow an old-timer like me to come down with a bad chest and head cold. I mean, "C'mon, God, it's a pain in the arse". I'm supposed to have onset dementia, not some piddly thing like coughing and nose drippings that ruin my entire day of doing nothing".

No comments: