Monday, December 7, 2015

Are You A Good Christian?

My Storm Lake, Iowa correspondent forwarded a piece quite noteworthy.

 In listening to Michael Medved a few weeks ago a Christian female called in telling the audience it was a travesty to keep all Syrian immigrants out of the country. "It is our duty as Christians to show mercy to all, be they Muslims or Christians", she stated.

Flames were shooting out of my nose while vomit spilled from my mouth onto the floor. This might be a slight exaggeration but you get the picture.

So, what I've re-printed from an anonymous source needs to be digested by all believers.

I'm getting very tired of being lectured and berated by some to do my "Christian duty" in regards to the Syrian refugees.

I'm told I have a "moral obligation" as a Christian to welcome the refugees here.

I find it quite humorous that now we are allowed to talk about God, what Jesus would do and how I'm supposed to act as a Christian when these very same people have so violently decried against anything Christian related in the past.

You want me to do my Christian duty, but you want me to keep my religion out of schools.

You want me to act accordingly as a Christian, but you condemn any public displays of Christianity.

You say the government has a moral obligation to accept refugees since we are a Christian nation, but you have vehemently clamored for separation of church and state, albeit erroneously.         

I'm told I am a fake Christian now, when you have demanded I keep my faith to myself so I do not offend anyone.

You say Christian Americans do not view refugee children as a life worth saving and yet you ignore the lives that continue to let be killed by not only Planned Parenthood, but also ignore the Yazidis and Assyrians that continue to be killed.

The only time you want to talk about Christians and their duties is when you can milk it for political gains and when you try to guilt us into doing something.

Other than that, I'm told to keep my "mythical relationship with an imaginary being " to myself.
 
It's absolutely ironic that those who have clamored so violently for Christians to shut up and take a back seat, now want to use Christianity for their own purposes.
 

No comments: