Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Happy New Year Junk From Dublin, Ohio

It's good Bill Cosby was arraigned for sexual crimes today. It'll take the pressure off of Mr. Trump to come up with another ridiculous accusation and the media will be forced to rearrange their programming schedule. The only channel not following this script will be CNN. They're still running stories on the Malaysian flight disaster.

The Mayor of Louisville was on television yesterday giving his views on the 1,000-2,000 youths who rampaged the St. Matthews Mall. "Kids will be kids", he said, "and that's the reason there were no arrests". The rowdies were sent home to their parents for a good reprimand. Police spokespeople said there weren't any arrested because they didn't have the manpower. What can I say about the Mayor that thousands in Louisville already have?

What's the difference between Bill Cosby and Bill Clinton? Answer: Cosby is nine years older than Clinton.

The Council Bluffs Cowboy sent me a "You gotta be kidding me" article from the Omaha World Herald. An ex-con is the father of 15 kids by 13 different women. He is in trouble again for being lax in paying $50K in child support. This will not pose a problem. I'm certain the federal government has a program available to bail him out. Since the guy is only 30 he's many more years to place more of these future Democrats on the rolls. As for the women------Aw, forget it.

I saw a liberal pronouncement with a picture of President Obama. It thanked him for the lower gasoline prices. Good Gawd, these people are delusional.

Iowa's football coach, Kirk Ferentz, won his second football Coach of the Year Award today. Did you know that Coach Ferentz is tied with one other man for most Big Ten Coach of the Year honors and that fella isn't named Woody Hayes. If you can guess the answer you will win nothing but his initials are Bo Schembechler.

Congratulations to me. I viewed each and every Hallmark Channel Christmas movie; some more than once. In my opinion, the very best was The Snow Bride starring the cute and dreamy, Katrina Law. The film was so sappy that syrup dripped off the television for hours.

I kid you not, before last week, I was clueless as to this person named Adele. Admittedly, the theme song from the Bond movie, Skyfall, was a favorite of mine before I knew who the heck she was. I became so enthralled I purchased her last two CD's for The Queen so I could have them for myself. Does that make sense? Of course, it does.

It's going to be in the mid-thirties in Dublin, Ohio in the next few days. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth by the locals as they try and persevere the Arctic winds. When I lived in Iowa we called it T-shirt weather.

There are three Dublin's in the United States. One in California, ours in Ohio and one in Georgia. I visited the latter last April. The Chamber of Commerce was announcing plans for their big Irish festival. Not that it means much but 60% of the population is comprised of African-Americans.

I wonder what key word or phrase I used in the last three days to have garnered 1647 'hits' from Russia. Putin, vodka, babushka and Moscow are the only things Russian I know.

I've involved myself in the Iowa Caucus process in my earlier life. It is a ridiculous attempt for trying to decide candidates. For one thing, the winner is actually the loser. Jesse Jackson, Jr. won once. Other winners have been Pat Robertson and Rick Santorum.

A Caucus meeting place can be held anywhere; a home, a garage, most likely, though, a school. An attendee does not have to show any form of identification. I had friends tell me that during the '08 process they witnessed busses loaded with folks from Illinois who crossed the Mississippi River into Iowa to cast their vote for Obama. Some of these Illini showed up in caskets. They were preparing for the general election.

Finally, my tradition of staying home for New Year will continue. It has nothing to do with it being what's called Amateur Night. The last time I went out was December 31, 1968. I was single and living in Cedar Falls, Iowa.  I was with my best buddy in an elevator in downtown Waterloo and there were two young ladies aboard. In the time it took to go from the lobby to the sixth floor we had set ourselves up with dates for the evening.

I can't remember much of what happened the rest of the night. We left the girls at the department store, went to a bar and the next thing we both knew it was 1969.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

No comments: