Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Tidbits From Dublin Ohio

Did you hear the public schools in LA were shut down today? You should have since it's been wall to wall for hours. Evidently, a threat was called in to somebody. I ask you, when was the last time terrorists gave fair warning to their victims? Oh yeah, remember how the San Bernardo killers warned their victims? And then there was the time those airplanes let its victims know about what was going to happen on 9/11/

LA Catholic schools didn't fall for the bluff. They held classes as usual. But we have an advantage with all those statues of saints and rosaries to protect us. I have a protestant friend whose son converted to Catholicism. I asked him if is kid had shown him our secret handshake. I was kidding and he was serious when asked me about it.

Barack and Michelle have decided to not give Sasha and Malia Christmas gifts this year. What's the big surprise? Muslims don't give Christmas presents.

I watch Major Crimes Monday nights on TNT. It's a spin off of the classic show, The Closer. Have you ever noticed how many black murderers and suspects are on the show? I wonder why #BlackLivesMatter doesn't march on Hollywood whenever they produce a show with Black criminals.

How pathetic is it that the LPSC Party can't offer a presidential candidate who is a minority,  one younger than Methuselah and has an idea to stop terrorists? Other than The Bern and Pantsuit who is the other guy? A dollar to the first who answers correctly. I'd give kudos to Sanders if he'd get out from behind his mask and tell us he really is a communist. As for Hillary, does communism and Alinsky have anything in common? The party of the mule is missing a bet since Biden dropped out. If he were running interest would be sky high waiting for the inevitable gaffes.

Speaking of television, there certainly are a lot of commercials with Orientals in them. I've seen Oriental babies up to and including old Orientals in Depends. Old Navy is running a commercial with great looking guys(Caucasian) and gals(Oriental) who are, you know, an item. What's up with that?

The new Star Wars movie opens this week. Carrie Fisher, who starred in the original film, was asked not to be in it because she's gained so much weight. It isn't that she's bulbous fat. What she has is age weight. She was incensed and should be so. My wager is she's gone through menopause, too.

The #1 most watched movie of all-time: Gone With The Wind. When it came out in 1939 two-thirds of the US population bought tickets. By the way, on average, the price of a movie in '39 was 23 cents.

I wrote a month or so ago about highway traffic deaths in Ohio and how, on interstates via posted lights, we're update on the number of auto deaths. Well, last week we kicked over 1,000. That might be a record but it isn't. We're averaging over a thousand for the last five years. Isn't it strange how some folks get upset over the number of gun deaths, most by suicide, when they have gone down by 47% in the last 18 years but auto deaths are taking over 35,000 lives a year. The only ones benefitting are funeral industries. Maybe it's a conspiracy on their part.

I'm an egg eater, three per day. Is it me or are eggs smaller these days. I cracked mine this morning and they looked like they came from pigeons.

It's that time of year. I was in Dick's Sporting Goods this morning and as I walked to my car was accosted by a women who told me she had just been released from the hospital and her car had run out of gas. She asked if I could spare some money. I'm not a heartless person, especially at this time of year, so I told her "No".

Normally the Queen and I head out for Destin, Florida around this time of year. We're in a money saving mode so its not in our plans. Being a firm believer in long range weather forecasts it appears, in Central Ohio, we will be experiencing temps on the 40's and 50's up to January 25. Yeehaa!

In forty more days I kick in the door on seventy. "Joe, say it isn't so" Being seventy isn't so bad. I still have more hair than a 60's hippie. I can slip into a size 36 pair of slacks and, in my mind, the ladies still consider me a hot item.

One of my golf driving range buddies has given up on buying his wife a Christmas gift. He told me how frustrating it was getting her an expensive present and she never uses it. For the last three years he's bought her a burial plot.

No comments: