Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Why Do I Love Golf?

This coming Monday I'll be taking a golf lesson. I haven't kept calculations on the number of lessons I've had in my life but it has to be in the hundreds.

I took one from my son in law twenty years ago. He was a two time state champion in Iowa as a high school student. At the time he told me I suffered from paralysis by analysis. In other words, I'm totally screwed up by reading different techniques and methods of attaining amazing golf. I concurred.

I'll read a magazine and take some tips to the course. The problem is the tips are given by a Jordan Speith and him I'm not.

I'm going to give my next instructor $50 for a half hour of his time. I won't learn anything and for certain I won't become a better golfer because my mind is a mess.

I've matured. The kid is the golf coach at my youngest son's high school. I give that grand academy about $5,000 a year in donations. It's that great of a school. If you happen to live in the Columbus, Ohio vicinity send your son to St. Charles Preparatory School.

As for the $50 fee; my instructor can use the money and if he treats me with respect I'll provide him more money for his program. This way I figure I'm getting off easy.

No comments: