Wednesday, March 2, 2016

It Was Not A Drubbing

Donald Trump won quite a few states in yesterday's Super Tuesday. Trumpsters are joyous.

Political, a left to center publication, called Trumps wins a drubbing. They are overstating the win to the maximum.

The Donald received 36% of all votes cast. If my parochial grade school math is correct this leaves 64% to the other guys. I mentioned a couple of months ago that Trump's favorability ratings were in the mid-thirties and would stay that way. His negatives were then and are now in the sixties.

If yesterday's voting was such a drubbing why is it Trump has only 90 more delegate votes than Cruz?

Let me explain the negatives. Republicans will not go to the polls to give him their vote. If you trust the polls they tell us that both Bernie and Hillary would win the presidency of Trump.

If you believe the Republicans lost with Mitt Romney when 4 million of his party stayed home wait until you see the election with Trump. It won't be pretty.

As a political junkie who follows closely the philosophy of each candidate I would be willing to contemplate voting for Trump if he laid out one plank of his platform. To this day I'm unfamiliar with how he's going to accomplish the promises he's making.

It isn't enough to say, "I'm going to make America great again". My question is how are you going to make this nation great again. What resources and whose are you going to use to build this wall? How will you, in detail, remove illegals from the United States? Don't tell me you're going to destroy ISIS. Tell me how you're going to destroy them.

At this point I'm not even certain Trump could pass a basic civics test.

No comments: