Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Ted Cruz For President

Ted Cruz (R) 
© The Washington Post/Getty Images

Ted Cruz is a man of principle and character. Mr. Cruz is a constitutional scholar and has served as Solicitor General in the United States Supreme Court.

Ted Cruz, along with Sen. Mike Lee of Utah, are considered TEA Party Patriots and have received a 100% approval rating from the Conservative League.

The complaints I've heard about the senator are that he is hated in the Senate and House by the Establishment; that nothing can get done if he's in office.

I sort of thought the whole point of getting a conservative in office was to kick ass and take no prisoners. I thought conservatives wanted to bind up the shorts of McCain, Lindsey Graham and every other wussy type in Washington DC.

I want a president who inspires confidence, one who is presidential in word and action. I wish for my grandchildren to say, "I'm glad I was alive when he was president". What I don't want is a president who belittles, makes fun of and is the master of character assassination. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/01/28/upshot/donald-trump-twitter-insults.html?_r=0
I don't want a president who refers to a woman as a 'fat pig', who mocks a person with a physical disability, who calls people losers, chokers and stupid along with a myriad of derogatory words.

It's important for me to admire the man in the Oval Office. Cruz came up the hard way. His family scraped for money and he took numerous jobs to earn a degree from Princeton then a law degree from Harvard. Nothing was handed to him. He is the quintessential Horatio Alger story; something from nothing.
 
It appears, at this time, Mr.Cruz may come up short in his quest for the highest office in the land. From my perspective this is sad and more than abominable.

Evidently, my views make me an Establishment supporting RINO because I cannot and will not support any boorish self-serving candidate who makes me cringe when I listen to him or her.

No comments: