Sunday, March 13, 2016

This n' That From Dublin Ohio

This morning saw daylight savings time go into effect for 2016. It's another benefit of being a senior citizen. Television shows are running segments on how to cope. Not me. I go to bed when I feel like it and wake up the same way.

Bernie wants to redistribute the wealth; take from the rich and give to the not so rich. Hasn't that what's been going on since the days of FDR? Our national debt is over $20 trillion. The government continually sets all-time records for taking in tax money. And what does the government do with that cash? Well, for one thing, 45 million people in America are living on food stamps. I saw a liquor store sign reading, 'We accept food stamps'.

My best friends are my doctors. If I didn't have them I'd have no place to go. Nurses are fun, especially the cute ones. It's amazing the flirtations a senior can get away with around pretty young girls.
Word to the wise, though. Keep your hands to yourself and, no, I didn't learn this the hard way. I've observed Joe Biden in action.

Is it only me or does it seem this election cycle is more tedious than any in the past?
Ohio has a primary this coming Tuesday. Wednesday cannot come soon enough.

A nice memory: I purchased my first car in 1968 for $2,600 off the showroom floor. It was a Pontiac GTO, avocado green with a light green vinyl top, 4-speed on the floor. When I accelerated my head snapped back.

I've been told that after Seattle and Cleveland, the Columbus, Ohio area has the least amount of sunshine in the US. I will not argue the point. Aside from this it's difficult to believe there are many areas of the country outside Dublin in which to live. Case in point: a few days ago two of our finest stopped across the street. Our neighbors were gone for a week and they were checking on the condo. I asked about the number of murders in the last ten years. "We're up to three and two of them were jilted girlfriends".

My left front tire leaks air. It requires a filling at the Giant Eagle Food Store once every three weeks. Yesterday, a guy jumped in front of me to fill his tire and I called him on it. His response was, "lighten up old man". This is the third time in the past six months I've been called old. I should keep a stun gun on the front seat.

We're planning our winter getaway beginning next January. It's less expensive to fly to and stay in a beach front resort in Portugal than to do the same in southwest Florida or a motel in Scottsdale, Arizona, airfare included.

Seventeen year olds in Ohio who will turn eighteen before the general election sued to get the right to vote in next weeks primary. Well, maybe one 17 year old sued. The courts ruled in their favor. As of 11 pm last night six of these teens have registered. "You go, Bernie".

My doctor's tell me I suffer from depression seasonal sunlight disorder. I tell them, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU KNOW"!

Enjoy your day and take a nap. It's the reason God created eyelids.









No comments: