Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another Six Degrees Of Separation


It truly is a small, small world. The Occupy Wall Street Movement has garnered some attention from me. I happened to come across the name, Lisa Fithian. She has been attributed with starting the OWS movement in New York City. I wondered who the person was so I did the normal web search and picture thing. Turns out she's a rabble rouser from the 70's and has been involved in more than 1,000 anarchist protests. To put it bluntly, she's a trouble maker. Anyway, I came across the accompanying picture of Ms. Fithian and the ex-Father Frank Cordaro(yellow shirt). He, too, is a protesting rabble rouser. He was a priest in the Diocese of Des Moines and left the Church because he thoght priests should be able to marry, that there should never be a war and wealth should be re-distributed. He has been that way since I knew his brother beginning in 1974. His bro was my assistant basketball coach and a darned good one. Two more opposite guys in philosophy never existed. I never cease to be amazed at the number of people I've shouldered up to----sort of.

No comments: